Thursday, May 16, 2013

Welcome



Hi! And welcome to my blog!

   The first thing you should know is that I love chocolate and I still sleep with a little stuffed dog, who is sometimes my very best friend. I feel those two facts are pretty pertinent in the reading of this blog.

I am twenty-two years old and I am graduating from college TOMORROW! And, before you ask me, no I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going or what I'd like to wear tomorrow. In fact, I don't know anything really. Except that I'm scared to death. I know that much.

I feel as though now would be an opportune time to start a blog and sort some things out, reflect a little bit and share about all the awesome adventures that are sure to come my way.

I want adventure. I want to go somewhere. I want to be somebody. I want to change things. But a girl about to walk across a stage and look out in the big wide world can start to feel pretty small and unimportant.

I fell asleep watching Beauty and the Beast the other night (I'm a big sucker for anything Disney!) and I started crying at Belle's song in the beginning

"I want much more than this provincial life
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned"

I love Disney fairytales. Love them! They get me all choked up every time! A damsel in distress, an evil-doer on the loose, some adventurous and heart-racing obstacles and then...true love and a happily ever after!

I'm convinced my life is a fairy tale. Throughly convinced. Everything that's happened so far is just the beginning of the movie - you know the part where the damsel is in distress and all the bad guys are un-captured and all the evil motives are being revealed. But the audience is on the edge of their seats, just waiting to see how it all comes together.

So here we go.




Once Upon a Time in a land far, far away, I graduated from college and then...